Monday, September 17, 2007

motivational words

Sunday (our last day in Kyoto) was a pretty lazy day. We were worn out from too much walking, sightseeing, sweating, panting, trying to communicate/navigate in a language we don't know, itching (from our ever mounting mosquito bites), and barely being able to sleep (on the comfortable-as-concrete Ryokan matresses). We spent the better part of the day at Yu Kuhan, the 24-hour internet cafe/"neo synthetic culture space" that I keep raving about. All the shrines and shit were nice, but that really is my favorite place in Kyoto.

Another of my other favorites places? The hotel along the way from Ryokan Yuhara to Yu Kuhan, inspirationally/absurdly named ExcelHuman. Here it is at day and at night.




Every time we pass it, I look up at the sign and say, "I'll try, hotel, I'll try."

No comments: